We came through the dark archway into the dazzling light, intense heat and spectacular view of the Taj Mahal. Spectacular is such an inadequate word, we should pen a new one. Twenty five people diverse in almost every way but united in our response to the sight. Many of us had spent the previous evening walking through the crowded alley like streets of old Delhi on our way to Karim’s a kebab restaurant in this primarily vegetarian country. We had not yet lost Josh, gotten on the wrong train, had our guide threatened by police, been felled one by one by the stomach warriors of India or fallen in love with the women and especially children of the villages, but we were already fascinated and ready to begin our tour of two countries with our fearless leaders Professor Kevin Kolben and Harsh Dutia. We thank them for sharing this country with us and leading us on this journey to which they dedicated their time and their hearts. - Professor Judy Iskovitz (2010 Course)

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stress-Free Blog and Follow up

We're done writing our papers, which takes a lot of stress away, hence the title for this: the stress free blog. India was a stranger before I met it, and now that we've met, it's definitely a place I would like to get to know better. I was ready to leave when we did, and I felt so at home for the next two weeks following the trip, and then a sudden homesickness dawned on me and I realized how much I missed the country. Its culture was so rich that there were so many more things to explore, and I barely got to make some friends who were locals. The only e-mails I exchanged were with my eyebrow threading artist and my sari fitting expert. Therefore, I'm still curious about what I'm missing out on and I'm hoping to go back, potentially teach abroad there for a year or two. Maybe I will be able to see it from a completely different perspective since if I do go on that program, I'll be more independent and be able to experience things somewhat similar to what a local would experience.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog and found nice information about Indian Tourism.
    India is really an extraordinary holiday destination for offering verity of attractive and luxury tourist package for all types of traveler. Kerala is a beautiful state in southwestern India. It is a land rich in culture, history and wildlife opportunities. It is the best place in the world for Ayurvedic therapies and massages. You can visit :- Kerala Ayurveda Resorts

    ReplyDelete